problem with setup.py

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 17 06:46:29 EDT 2005

andrea valle wrote:
> Hi to all,
> and sorry for cross-posting.
>
> I'm having troubles with installing packages.
> I'm on macosx 10.3.8 and I have activestate python 2.4
>
> For example, pyrtf an pyx.
> it is the first time I install packages so pardon me if it's obvious.
>
> I call python from terminal, I pass the absolute path of the setup.py
> with command install, and results are always:
> error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
> configure
>
> For example with pyrtf:
>
> apples-Computer:~ apple$ python
> /Users/apple/Desktop/PyRTF-0.45/setup.py installrunning install
> error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
> configure
>
> What should I do? I guess I have to hack some configuration, but don't
> know which.

Add the following line to your ~/.bashrc (assuming that you are using
bash as your shell):

  export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3

Then start a new Terminal.app window (the change doesn't take effect
until a new shell is started).

I haven't needed to do this with the official 2.4.1 build, so you should
complain to ActiveState. Or use the official build.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

  -- Richard Harter