global interpreter lock

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Sep 1 07:59:16 EDT 2005

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 06:15:38 GMT, Bryan Olson <fakeaddress at nowhere.org>
>>With Python threads/queues how do I wait for two queues (or
>
> 	Why have two queues? Use one queue and tag the items with the
> sender's "id" (or return queue).

I've faced the same issue, and it stems from having existing classes
which do not already support this sort of mechanism.  Sure, you can
sometimes design/redesign stuff to do exactly that, but much of the time
you don't want to go rewriting some existing, stable code that waits on
one queue just because you now need to throw another into the mix.

-Peter