PEP 350: Codetags

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Sep 30 20:47:44 EDT 2005

[Bengt Richter]

> The most detailed discussion I could find was
>     http://hydracen.com/dx/iso8601.htm

Also of interest::

   http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

> IMO they [ISO] ought to think of another way to get funded).

People have been complaining for decades.  ISO seemingly run a high
overhead. :-)

> Anyway, the 'T' looks to me to be optional by mutual agreement between
> particular information exchangers, but otherwise required?

I quickly poke around on the net, and the ``T`` is often presented
as required, yet I really thought I read otherwise somewhere.

Not much of an argument, I once scrutinized the ISO standard itself, yet
I likely do not remember much of it!  This was quite a while ago, for
a French-written study and report I wrote under contract (archives at
http://www.progiciels-bpi.ca/man/normes/index.html :-). Yet, I do not
remember having retained the 8601 standard in that study.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca