vendor-packages directory

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 20 13:00:57 EDT 2005

Rich:

You made it to the States, then? How ironic, I've just been working in
VA for nine years, but recently returned to Scotland and ended up living
in Linlithgow, known to most Sun long-timers.

Hope mp is still providing good service.

Rich Burridge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work in the Accessibility Program Office at Sun Microsystems. I'm
> part of a team that is using Python to create a screen reader called
> Orca, that'll help blind people (and people with low vision) have
> access to the GNOME desktop for Solaris and Linux.

[...]

Sorry to hijack your inquiry for personal reasons, but your name leaped
out at me from the newsreader.

I'm not a developer so I can't really tell you whether that patch will
be accepted. Since they are talking about "vendor supplied" software,
there's really no reason why the vendor in question shouldn't make sure
(probably by the addition of a .pth file) that the required directory is
added to the search path.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
PyCon TX 2006                          www.pycon.org