py2exe 0.6.1 released

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Tue Sep 6 20:03:04 EDT 2005

Thomas Heller wrote:

>> I tried it using the wx singlefile example, but unfortunately the
>> resulting executable segfaults at startup (using Python 2.3.3 on
>> Windows 2000, with latest wxWindows).
>
> Yes, I can reproduce that.  I'm still using wxPython 2.4.2.4 for
> Python
> 2.3.5, and that combo works.  I have done a few tests, and wxPython
> 2.5.1.5 also works, while 2.5.5.1 crashes.

Ah that's fine, then. I thought it was one of those "only in my computer" kind
of issue :)

>> How can I debug it?
>
> I'll assume that's a serious question.

Of course it was, I'm not sure why you should doubt it. I was just trying to
being helpful to you, thinking that it could have been hard to reproduce.
Luckily, you can look into it yourself.

> I've done all this, and it seems it is crashing when trying to import
> _gdi.pyd.  Next would be to debug through _memimported.pyd, but I
> don't have a debug build of wxPython.

OK. Do you believe that _memimported.pyd can eventually converge to something
stable? Emulating LoadLibrary for all versions of Windows is not an easy task
after all. Wine might provide some insights.
--
Giovanni Bajo