What XML lib to use?

mekstran at scl.ameslab.gov mekstran at scl.ameslab.gov
Tue Sep 13 15:09:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:23:50 +0200
Kalle Anke <skromta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm confused, I want to read/write XML files but I don't really
> understand what library to use.
>
> I've used DOM-based libraries in other languages, is PyXML the
> library to use?

PyXML will do the job. I'm currently using it in one of my projects.
4suite has their cDomlette also, which provides a high-speed
lightweight DOM implementation. Although, if you don't need
canonicalization, XPath, or those kinds of extensions, you can probably
get by with minidom and the other code included in the standard Python
distribution, and avoid the need to install additional libraries.

I have also heard excellent things about ElementTree; I haven't used it
myself though (largely because I can't find any resources on doing XML
canonicalization with it).

-Michael