Python installation root directory problem

Matt Leslie matthewleslie at [EDITME-HOTMAIL].com
Thu Sep 22 11:50:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install python 2.4.1 on a windows XP machine. Whether I
choose to install 'for me' or 'for all users, and no matter where I select
as the root directory, the installer always puts the python root in C:\,
which is obviously a bit messy.

I am running this instalaltion as a slightly restricted non-administrative
user, but I can create the C:\Python24 directory that I specified in the
installation program and put files in it, so I do not think this can be the
reason the installer fails. I have uninstalled python and deleted all
references to it in the registry, then reinstalled, and experienced the same
effect.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Thanks,
        Matt