Software bugs aren't inevitable

Paul Rubin http
Fri Sep 16 07:29:06 EDT 2005

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> writes:
> But there is a difference: writing assembly is *hard*, which is why we
> prefer not to do it. Are you suggesting that functional programming is
> significantly easier to do than declarative?

I think you mean imperative.  Yes, there is a community that believes
that writing bug-free programs in functional style is easier than
writing them in imperative style.  Writing buggy programs might be
easier in imperative style, but in some application areas, that's not
good enough.

Why don't you read the Hughes paper I cited instead of taking cheap
shots at it without reading it, if you want to understand the issues
better.