Ctypes Install in Linux

jegenye2001 jegenye2001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:50:49 EDT 2005

Uh, I suppose you need a bit of reading up on Linux. ;)

http://www.northernjourney.com/opensource/newbies/
http://www.linuxhelp.net/
etc.

> How do I make myself a "root-user"?

To become root, use the "su" command. Obviously you'll need the root
password which you do know, don't you?

>how do I add access the PYTHONPATH environment variable?

If you use the "bash" shell  (probably you do) then type this in:
export PYTHONPATH=/path/to/dir1:/path/to/dir1

Mind you this setting will be valid only in that particular shell.
There are various ways to make this setting accessible to all shells
started.  To find about these, that's left to the OP as an exercise.
:-)

Cheers,
   Miklos
--
The ring of the friendly serpent in business suit: Python, Zope, Plone
http://www.jegenye.com