Fw: urllib.urlopen doesn't work

Josef Cihal josef.cihal at gmx.at
Fri Sep 2 18:10:13 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Josef Cihal
To: python-list at python.org
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: urllib.urlopen doesn't work

Hallo,

i need a help with module URLLIB.

I am trying to open url via:
-    urllib.urlopen
('http://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/markets/stocks/indices.phtml?notation=92866')

Problem is, that I am always redirecting to
- LOGIN page (www.brokerjet.at),
and cannot get my page with "news", which I want to download.

Can it be, that I forgot to pass all (hidden too) parameters to form by submit?

Is it possible to get (ask) for all existing valid parameters, which I need to pass to form
for getting requested page?
Is action submit correct in my case?

Thank you very much for all your help or ideas

Code (Python 2.3.3, Windows)
=========================
import urllib2, os,sys, urllib

x = urllib.urlopen( 'http://brokerjet.ecetra.com/at/markets/stocks/indices.phtml?notation=92866',
     urllib.urlencode({ 'iNotation':'92866',
                              'keyword':'',
                              'fulltext':'1',
                              'value':'',
                              'action': 'Submit'}))

data = x.readlines()
#
f = open(r"C:\Tmp\Brokerjet\login.html","w")
f.writelines(data)
f.close()

os.system(r"C:\Tmp\Brokerjet\login.html")