Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Sep 30 04:31:05 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
>
>>Good grief, the ultimate choice is to use Python because you like it,
>>or not to use it because you don't. Enough with the picking every
>>available nit, please. Consent or stop complaining :-)
>

> Riiight.  "If she was walking in that neighborhood she must have
> wanted it".

This is about the most specious argument imaginable. There's plenty of
room for discussion, heaven knows, without having to instigate a
semantic examination of the word "consenting".

Some days you can't say anything without the nit police trampling your
toes. Some days that gets on my nerves. Other days I'm out there picking
nits myself. What can I tell you, I'm human.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119