Python 2.5 alpha

D.Hering vel.accel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:50:08 EDT 2005

Hi Aahz,
Yes thank you. To clarify the cvs dist README listed Python version 2.5
alpha 0. I should have realized before posting that replacing was a bad
idea and another "slot-ed" version could be installed (package manager
already has 2.3.5 & 2.4.1). I just installed 2.5a0 in an alternative
directory (make altinstall) which build and tested out fine. I'm gonna
now attempt to compile the module packages mentioned above. I'll report
how it turns out for anyone interested. Thanks for your help!

Dieter

>Thomas Jollans wrote:
>>D.Hering wrote:
>> under gentoo linux 2.6.

>that does not exist. gentoo labels installers 2005.0 etc, but I have
>never heard of version numbers.
>do you mean gentoo with linux 2.6 ?

Hi Thomas,
Yes, ambiguity/abridgement usage is troublesome at times..lol. Yeah the
iso is 2005.0 and the linux kernal is gentoo sources version 2.6.12.

Dieter