python object model diagram

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Sep 10 00:25:01 EDT 2005

gene tani wrote:
> I think he's looking for tidy pictures of how metaclasses and
> descriptors interact with your classes and instances at compile- &
> runtime, something like that (which I haven't seen)
>
> There's pictures of the class hierarchy for C and j-python:
>
> http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus7/html/page114.html

Hmm... isn't that just a diagram of one guy's set of classes (Bruce, who
wrote a book about data structures apparently), not of anything
particularly specific to Python.  For example, standard Python certainly
doesn't have any class called MultisetAsLinkedList.

But you could be right that he's looking for a class hierarchy diagram.
  If so, the question is still "of what classes?".

-Peter