RELEASED Python 2.4.2 (final)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 30 01:37:06 EDT 2005

Trent Mick wrote:
> It is possible that the python.org installer didn't overwrite the
> "python24.dll" in the system directory (C:\WINDOWS\system32). Try doing
> this:

Even though this is apparently what happened, I'm puzzled as to why it
happened: shouldn't the version number of python24.dll in the pydotorg
installer be higher than the one in the ActivePython installer, and
shouldn't then Windows Installer overwrite the DLL?

The version in the pydotorg installer is 2.4.2150.1012.

Regards,
Martin