how to pickle unpicklable objects

Guy Lateur guy.lateur at b-b.be
Fri Sep 23 06:44:41 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've been writing an application containing a lot of settings which can be
changed by the user. I'm using wx.Config to read/write these settings (to
the windows registry). This means I can only store strings, ints and floats.

However, it would be very convenient if I could also store more general
objects. It seems to work for wx.Colour, but not for wx.Font. It raises a
"TypeError: can't pickle PySwigObject objects".

Does anybody a way to get around this? Is there some other module that would
allow writing general (small) objects to the registry? Some sort of
serialiser or something?

TIA,