Online Modification of Python Code

malv malvert at telenet.be
Mon Sep 5 06:34:03 EDT 2005

Diez,

You are quite right on using module.name when importing module objects.
This happened to be the way I ran my initial successful tests. Later I
modified things by using 'import * from algotest' and my modifications
stopped from coming through.

In my case reload comes in very handy. I can see your point about
testscripts in software development. However this particular project is
in a stage where code writing became  now somewhat insignificant
relative to mathematical algorithm development and simultion. Very
quick turnaroud is of prime importance. A testscript wouldn't test
anything without going through a complete setup cycle involving several
stage chains. So online localized modification comes in very handy (of
course you could always goof up in syntax in a modifying a statement -
too bad!)

Diez, thank you very much!