encryption with python

Kirk Job Sluder kirk at jobsluder.net
Sat Sep 10 23:40:00 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> Kirk Job Sluder <kirk at jobsluder.net> writes:
> > Likewise, credit companies are currently making money hand-over-fist.
> > If an identity is compromised, it's cheaper for them to just close the
> > account, refund the money, and do their own fraud investigation after
> > the fact.
>
> You don't get it.  Refunding the money improperly charged on a single
> card doesn't begin to compensate for the hassle of undoing an identity
> theft.  If airlines worked the way you're suggesting the credit
> industry should work, and a plane went down, the airline would be off
> the hook by refunding your estate the price of your ticket.  It's only
> because they face much further-reaching liability than that, that they
> pay so much attention to safety.

Oh, I'm not suggesting the credit industry should work that way.  I'm
just saying that's the way they will work as long as they can push off
the costs for dealing with problems onto interest rates and other fees.

--
Kirk Job-Sluder
"The square-jawed homunculi of Tommy Hilfinger ads make every day an