Looking for system/network monitoring tool written in Python

Eddie Corns eddie at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 07:46:55 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> writes:

>I've found a fair number of systems/network monitoring tools (things
>like Big Brother, Big Sister, cricket, etc.) written in Perl.

Depressing isn't it!

>I'm curious if there are any written in Python.

I couldn't find any after extensive searching.  I wasn't really looking for
Python solutions as such, more avoiding things in Perl/PHP etc. but I would
have noticed any Python ones.  I won't bore you with my theories on why this
is.

Some applications such as nagios and moodss will at least allow you to write
your own scripts in Python.  This is probably OK for small networks.

Eddie