Best dbm to use?

Ivan Voras ivoras at __yahoo.org__
Wed Sep 7 18:22:41 EDT 2005

brianc at temple.edu wrote:
> I'm creating an persistant index of a large 63GB file
> containing millions of peices of data. For this I would
> naturally use one of python's dbm modules. But which is the
> best to use?

BDB4, but consider using sqlite - it's really simple, holds all data in
a single file and it's more supported (in the sense: there are bindings
for sqlite for almost any language/environment out there, and the file
format is stable). It's also very fast and you can later add more
information you want to store (by adding more fields to table).