Python compiled?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Sep 10 20:48:29 EDT 2005

"Robert Kern" <rkern at ucsd.edu> wrote in message
news:dfvbpg$8il$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> Nor has 386 'machine language' suffered from being interpreted, at a
>> deeper
>> level, by microcode.
>
> I think both you and Paul may be missing Tim's point. I don't think he's
> talking about "suffering" in technical respects, like speed. He's
> talking about popularity.

I knew that ;-)  and meant that ;;--)).

Of course, many people don't know that 'machine code' is often now
interpreted -- nor that Python code is compiled to something by all current
implementations.  Perhaps we should call the CPython 'interpreter' the
CPython interpreter-compiler that it is.

Terry J. Reedy