Python xml.dom, help reading attribute data

Jeremy Jones zanesdad at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 6 09:56:41 EDT 2005

Thierry Lam wrote:

>Let's say I have the following xml tag:
>
><para role="success">1</para>
>
>I can't figure out what kind of python xml.dom codes I should invoke to
>read the data 1? Any help please?
>
>Thanks
>Thierry

In [20]: import xml.dom.minidom

In [21]: s = '''<para role="success">1</para>'''

In [22]: x = xml.dom.minidom.parseString(s)

In [23]: print x.firstChild.firstChild.data
1

I doubt this really answers what you're really wanting to ask.  And this
is a really really brittle way of trying to parse XML.  But it answers
exactly what you're asking.  Hope it gives you the start you need.  Post
a follow-up when you have more questions.

JMJ