Parser suggestion

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Sep 29 19:01:36 EDT 2005

[Jorge Godoy]

> > SPARK (Scanning Parsing And Rewriting Kit)
> >   http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~aycock/spark/

> It looks like it stopped being developed circa 2002...  From 2002 to
> now Python had a lot of improvements and I'd rather use a maintained
> tool for this project.  At least one that keeps up with Python's
> development...

While this way of thinking is in the fashion, and often happens to be
right, it does not really apply in the SPARK case.

SPARK works fine and well, and is probably the most elegant and pythonic
of the series.  If it it does not really need to be further developed,
and does not have much to gain from recent Python releases, I do not see
why it should be released once in a while merely to entertain the crowd.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca