Software bugs aren't inevitable

Paul Rubin http
Thu Sep 15 03:45:37 EDT 2005

"Paddy" <paddy3118 at netscape.net> writes:
> As I write, the main article starts here:
>   http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/sep05/2164
> With the sidebar here:
>   http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/sep05/2164/extsb1

Thanks, the article is slightly interesting but it doesn't say much.
I'm sure a lot more is going on than the article describes.  And if
they're so sure their Z specifications are correct, why can't they
generate code from them automatically?  I've heard stories like that
told about Haskell.  People have seen Haskell programs and thought
they were simply formal specifications of some kind, and been
surprised to find out that they were actual runnable programs.