Question about smtplib, and mail servers in general.

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Sep 20 10:48:41 EDT 2005

>SH> To add one final note, if the "fromaddress" belongs to a domain that's
>SH> properly handled by the SMTP server then you aren't relaying (since you are
>SH> a legitimate domain user) so the mails should go through.

And most smtp servers that I know also pass mail from any from-address to
any to-address if the IP number of he client machine belongs to a trusted
range (usually the range that belongs to the ISP). So I can send both my
private mail and my work mail from both my home ISP's smtp server and my
work's smtp server (but only if I am at the proper location).
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org