List of integers & L.I.S. (SPOILER)

Bryan Olson fakeaddress at nowhere.org
Fri Sep 9 04:50:39 EDT 2005

n00m wrote:
 > Bravo, Bryan!
 > It's incredibly fast!

Not compared to a good implementation for a compiled, low-level
language.

 > But your code got WA (wrong answer).
 > See my latest submission: http://spoj.sphere.pl/status/SUPPER/
 > Maybe you slipped a kind of typo in it? Silly boundary cases?

Hmmm ... wrong answer ... what could ... ah! Here's a problem: I
bomb on the empty sequence. Correction below.

I'm not a perfect programmer, but I like to think I'm a good
programmer. Good programmers own their bugs.

If there's another problem, I need more to go on. From what you
write, I cannot tell where it fails, nor even what submission is
yours and your latest.

--
--Bryan

#!/user/bin/env python

"""
     Python solution to:

         http://spoj.sphere.pl/problems/SUPPER/

     By Bryan Olson
"""

from sys import stdin

def one_way(seq):
     n = len(seq)
     dominators = [n + 1] * (n * 1)
     score = [None] * n
     end = 0
     for (i, x) in enumerate(seq):
         low, high = 0, end
         while high - low > 10:
             mid = (low + high) >> 1
             if dominators[mid] < x:
                 low = mid + 1
             else:
                 high = mid + 1
         while dominators[low] < x:
             low += 1
         dominators[low] = x
         score[i] = low
         end = max(end, low + 1)
     return score

def supernumbers(seq):
     forscore = one_way(seq)
     opposite = [len(seq) - x for x  in reversed(seq)]
     backscore = reversed(one_way(opposite))
     score = map(sum, zip(forscore, backscore))
     winner = max(score + [0])
     return sorted([seq[i] for i in range(len(seq)) if score[i] == winner])

_ = stdin.readline()
sequence = [int(ch) for ch in stdin.readline().split()]
supers = supernumbers(sequence)
print len(supers)
for i in supers:
     print i,