Syntax error in files with with 'iso-8859-15' coding header

Berthold Höllmann berthold at despammed.com
Wed Sep 21 09:51:25 EDT 2005

I have a default coding header

# -*- coding: iso-8859-15 -*-

in my python files. I now have Problems with this settings. I
swithched to Python 2.4.1 under Windows. When I import files with the
above coding header I get frequent syntax errors with files that work
flawlessly under Linux. The Syntax error usually appear near
continuation lines of the form

   func(arg1,
        arg2,
        (list,
         list))

When I change this call to

   func(arg1, arg2, (list, list))

syntax error goes away as well when I change the coding cookie from:

# -*- coding: iso-8859-15 -*-

to:

# -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-

I have these problems only on WinNT with 2.4.1 from python org, not
with my selfcompiled 2.4.1 under Linux. The .py files come from a CVS
repository, so the line endings are converted on checkout.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something totally wrong.

Kind regards
Berthold
--
                            __   Address: