Language Work Benches in Py

yoda nochiel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:15:10 EDT 2005

Hi,
I recently read Martin Fowler's article on language workbenches and
domain specific
languages(http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/languageWorkbench.html).
I then had the pleasure of reading Rainer Jowsig's implementation of
the sample in Lisp(http://lispm.dyndns.org/news?ID=NEWS-2005-07-08-1).

The lisp code was so sexy that I was inspired to write a sample in
Python. I'm relatively new to coding in Python so I'd love any barbs,
comments or criticisms about the code. You can find my article here :
(http://billionairebusinessman.blogspot.com/2005/09/drop-that-schema-and-put-your-hands-in.html).

I also made a screen cast of the same
(http://openenterpriseafrica.com/neo/blogs/010905/dsl-in-python.wmv.bz2).
Unfortunately, I had to make it using a windows machine so it's encoded
as wmv. (If anyone finds it useful and is inspired to encode it in a
more palatable format e.g. mov, I'd be honoured to create a torrent and
host it)