Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Sep 30 20:35:22 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> writes:
> So, fool._bar is now clobbered. Nuts, the _bar attribute is broken for
> *every* instance of Fools. According to you, the error must be in
> Fools. Care to point it out?

Yes, the error is in the "breaker" function, which leaks the private
variable to other classes, and that's easy to spot by examining the
Fools class without having to examine any other classes.  This is the
kind of thing that you'd look for in an audit, so I don't see your
point.