PyGTK or wXPython?

Rod W rodwellm at REMOVEME.gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:42:09 EDT 2005

Magnus Lycka wrote:
> What OS(es) do yo need to support?

My apps will mostly be run on Windows desktops, but there are some Linux
users.

> I'm curious about PyGTK on Windows. It seems to me that the GTK+
> Windows port is lagging behind a bit (no 2.8?), doesn't look or
> behave quite as native windows apps do, is clunky to install, and
> isn't as stable and complete as e.g. wxPython. Am I wrong?

The GTK+ port is lagging behind on Windows (I think they have a 2.6
port).  GTK+ doesn't look exactly like Windows, but the install is clean
and easy - I use GIMP on Windows for graphic editing and it works just
fine (it used to be worse)

I'm leaning towards PyGTK because it seems less clunky than wxPython on
wxWidgets.