Getting the bytes or percent uploaded/downloaded through FTP?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 5 12:12:08 EDT 2005

Nainto at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks, Benji but I need to be able to get the bytes and/or percent of
> a download too. :-(

The only way I can think of to get the size of the file you're about to
download is using the FTP object's .dir() method. If you have the Tools
directory (standard on Windows, with source on other platforms) you can
take a look at the ftpmirror script - a fairly recent version can be seen at

     http://weblog.cs.uiowa.edu/python-2.3.1/Tools/scripts/ftpmirror.py

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/