How to handle very large MIME Messages with the email package?

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Mon Sep 12 13:07:43 EDT 2005

I have found that the SmtpWriter class "hides" all the
complexity in creating emails like you want to send.
It accepts a list of filenames that will be attachments
to the email you generate.

Check it out here:

http://motion.sourceforge.net/related/send_jpg.py

As an aside.  Email was not really designed to send
messages this large and is VERY inefficient at sending
something that large.  Most SMTP servers won't accept
email messages larger than 4Mb.  Are you sure that this
is the best approach to solving your problem?  You
should probably be using ftp instead.  It is a much
better way to send 100Mb files.

Larry Bates