encryption with python

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 7 15:33:30 EDT 2005

This is either a very simple or a very open-ended question you have asked. Do
you want to be able to recover the original numbers arbitrarily from the
combination? What properties do you want the combination to have? Do you want
to take the combination and a number and see if the number is in the
combination without revealing any other constituent numbers? Do you want to
be able to provide any arbitrary number of the combination and recover all or
some subset of the constituent numbers (depending on the supplied number)?

What do you want to do with the combination and the individual numbers?

James

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 07:00 am, jlocc at fau.edu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if someone can recommend a good encryption algorithm
> written in python. My goal is to combine two different numbers and
> encrypt them to create a new number that cann't be traced back to the
> originals.
>
> It would be great if there exists a library already written to do this,
> and if there is, can somebody please point me to it??
>
> Thanks in advance,

James Stroud
Box 951570
Los Angeles, CA 90095