graphical or flow charting design aid for python class development?

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Thu Sep 1 13:03:11 EDT 2005

William Gill <noreply at gcgroup.net> wrote:
> Being somewhat new to Python, and having a tendency to over complicate
> things in my class design, I was wondering if anyone can suggest a
> simple graphical or flowcharting tool that they use to organize their
> class and program  design?  Because of a 55 mph head-on accident a few

For Linux/Unix there is dia <http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia> to make
a class diagram and dia2code <http://dia2code.sourceforge.net> to create
Python code from it.

Probably you can find some other UML tools that support Python.

> I have used editors for other languages that allow the view to expand
> and collapse functions/methods (like message threads here on the board),
> which help, but I haven't seen anything like this for python.

For questions like "Is there an editor that supports...", "Emacs" is
about always an answer ;-) It has outline-mode for this.

   Florian
--
begin  signature_virus
 Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.