xml.sax removing newlines from attribute value?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Sep 29 13:48:11 EDT 2005

I'm using xml.sax to parse the "datebook" xml file generated by
QTopiaDesktop.  When I look at the xml file, some of the
attribute strings have newlines in them (as they are supposed
to).

However, when xml.sax passes the attributes to my
startElement() method the newlines seem to have been deleted.

How do I get the un-munged element attribute values?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Someone is DROOLING
                                  at               on my collar!!