Let's enjoy this list! [Re: "Re: cElementTree clear semantics"]

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Sep 25 20:26:30 EDT 2005

[D H]

> I think it means you should fuck off, asshole.

Such language looks very inappropriate to me in a public list, and
builds a bad and long-lasting prejudice against those resorting to it.
Flamers should rather, for their own image, email each other privately
on their matters (yet D.H. is not providing his/her email address in
the last messages I've seen).  Flamers being in the strong need of an
audience may easily find special forums for people enjoying flames.

As for the Python list, let's keep it the calm and enjoyable place it
usually is.  Resist the temptation of feeding flames, rather ignore or
merely learn to "killfile" the (happily few) abusers we got.

Enough said for now!  Keep happy, all of you. :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca