python profiling, hotspot and strange execution time

bdrosen96 at gmail.com bdrosen96 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:36:53 EDT 2005

I was unhappy with both hotshot and the standard python profiler, so
I wrote my own, which may be what you are looking for. I've submitted
it as a patch at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1212837&group_id=5470&atid=305470

It should add a minimum of overhead, give real numbers and also
gives stats on child calls. However, it is not compatible with
the stats module.

You can compile it as a standalone module.