sys.stdout

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:29:44 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Sébastien Boisgérault wrote:
> > Tiissa,
> >
> > Thanks for your answer. The execution of  your example leads to a
> > 'aaa' display during 2 secs, before it is erased by the prompt.
> >
> > This behavior is standard ? The standard output is not supposed
> > to *concatenate* the 'aaa' and the '>>>' ?
>
> FWIW:
>
> Python 2.4.1 (#2, Mar 31 2005, 00:05:10)
> [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin
> AAAA>>> sys.stdout.write('BBBB\n')
> BBBB
> >>>

> --
> Robert Kern
> rkern at ucsd.edu

Robert,

I used to have exactly this behavior on my previous platform ...
In the good old days ;)

Do you know if this behavior is mandatory ? Can I *officially*
<wink> state that my Python interpreter is broken ?

I have already tried to recompile and reinstall Python2.4
without any noticeable difference and the Python2.3 rpm
that I have tested exhibits the same behavior ... Doh !

SB