List of integers & L.I.S. (SPOILER)

Bryan Olson fakeaddress at nowhere.org
Fri Sep 9 18:25:51 EDT 2005

n00m wrote:
 > It also timed out:(

Could be. Yet you did write:

   > It's incredibly fast!

I never intended to submit this program for competition. The
contest ranks in speed order, and there is no way Python can
compete with truly-compiled languages on such low-level code.
I'd bet money that the algorithm I used (coded in C) can run
with the winners. I also think I'd wager that the Python version
outright trumps them on code size.

My first version bombed for the zero-length sequence. That was a
mistake, sorry, but it may not be one of their test-cases. I
wonder how many of the accepted entries would perform properly.

--
--Bryan