attribute error

M.N.A.Smadi smadim2 at grads.ece.mcmaster.ca
Thu Sep 29 15:44:02 EDT 2005

HI;

I am  having the following error:

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'pop'

am using Python 2.3.4 and am importing the following libraries:

import sys, os, inspect
from Asterisk import Manager, BaseException, Config
import Asterisk.Util

The code being executed is:
    if command not in commands:
        raise ArgumentsError('invalid arguments.')

    if command == 'usage':
        return usage(argv[0], sys.stdout)

    manager = Manager.Manager(*Config.Config().get_connection())

    if command == 'actions':
        show_actions()

    if command == 'help':
        if len(argv) < 3:
            raise ArgumentsError('please specify an action.')

        show_actions(argv[2])

    elif command == 'action':
        if len(argv) < 3:
            raise ArgumentsError('please specify an action.')

        try:
            execute_action(manager, argv[2:])
        except TypeError, e:
            print "Bad arguments specified. Help for %s:" % (argv[2],)
            show_actions(argv[2])

    elif command == 'command':
        execute_action('command', argv[2])

def execute_action(manager, argv):
    method_name = argv.pop(0).lower()

but i always thought that something like this will be standard stuff.
Any ideas?