Sockets: code works locally but fails over LAN

n00m n00m at narod.ru
Thu Sep 1 13:51:32 EDT 2005

>Bryan;
I tested your code locally (in I*D*L*E) - it works fine!
And of course I'll test it over LAN but only tomorrow - at work.
See the picture of my IDLE window with output of your code:
http://free.7host02.com/n00b/socket_Br.gif
Note the 4th line in Blue: there Z is the name of my home machine,
qwe is the login name (from VBS(ADO) connection string) and right
after "qwe" - this login's password ("asdasd") but it's encrypted
by oledb provider.

>Dennis;
I understand pretty well what you mean. Thank you for the repr().

>Fredrik;
Locally it works! The rest - tomorrow.

>John;
How exactly should I "correct" the code?