RELEASED Python 2.4.2 (final)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 30 18:10:04 EDT 2005

Trent Mick wrote:
> I suppose that is possible.  Martin, does python-2.4.2.msi install
> python24.dll to the Python install dir for a "per-user" installation?

Yes, that is supported. It would be good if Bugs could confirm that
he only deleted the wrong python24.dll, with the proper one being
installed in a different place already. His explanation
"you called it, it was an errant python24.dll left over from an old
ActiveState installation." is too imprecise to be able to tell
whether the two python DLLs where in the same location (requiring
a repair step) or in different locations (likely then resulting from
one being per-machine, and the other per-user).

Bugs?

Regards,
Martin