Google Not Universal Panacea

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Sep 30 20:35:23 EDT 2005

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:
> However,
>
>  >> Are people really too lazy to do elementary research on Google?
>
> goes a bit too far in imputing motives to the enquirer and overlooking
> the fact that there are some very good reasons for *not* using Google.

Ok, *what* are the reasons for not using Google?

I agree with Steve - there's no reason to impugn the motives of
someone looking for answers. They may not realize what an excellent
resource Google is. People have to learn how to find answers, just
like they have to learn how to use Python. Suggesting that they check
Google - if they didn't say they already did - is perfectly
reasonable. Assuming they are to lazy to do so is something else
again.

        <mike