dual processor

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Sep 6 21:32:36 EDT 2005

Jeremy Jones <zanesdad at bellsouth.net> writes:
> 1) find a good clean way to utilize muti-CPU machines and

I like SCOOP. But I'm still looking for alternatives.

> 2) come up with a simple, consistent, Pythonic concurrency paradigm.

That's the hard part. SCOOP attaches attributes to *variables*. It
also changes the semantics of function calls based on the values of
those attributes. Part of the power of using SCOOP comes from the
processor detecting when a variable has been declared as having an
attribute is used to reference objects for which the attribute doesn't
apply.

I'm not sure how Pythonic that can be made.

    <mike