Django and SQLObject. Why not working together?

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia.marasanova at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:49:15 EDT 2005

2005/9/8, Sokolov Yura <falcon at intercable.ru>:
> Django Model is wonderfull. But SQLObject more flexible (and powerfull,
> as i think, and has already more db interfaces).
> But Django Model is tied with Django, and using Django with another OO
> mapping is not comfortable.
> Why do not working together? I can't understand.

You probably want to post it on django-developers mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers

BTW, while SQLObject is very advanced, there are/were some other ORM
mappers in python:
http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/ObjectRelationalMappersForPython
While not all of them share the same philosophy with SQLObject, some
do. But they are not merging together either. Just like web frameworks
:)

I guess it's just the joy of creating something that fits you mind and
solves all you problems, instead of picking up something that does it
partially and was created by another person with different views and
philosophy.

--
Ksenia