Debugging callbacks?

brucedickey at micron.com brucedickey at micron.com
Mon Sep 26 15:34:26 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I have a Python app that receives CORBA callbacks in Linux. I post a msg
to the GUI and am having refresh issues with some GTK controls in
wxPython.

The Python-specific question is -- I have tried to set a breakpoint
inside the event handler in the GUI, but the debugger does not break.
(Works fine anywhere else). Is this activity not supported? Or is there
a way to debug the event handler in the debugger (w/o resorting to
prints)? How?

More specifics: This is a two-way CORBA callback. In the Python module
handling the callback I post a message (ProcessEvent) to the GUI and
immediately returns. It is in the event handler in the GUI that I want
to break with the debugger. (Using Wing 2.0).

Thanks,

Bruce