Sorting Unix mailboxes

Gregory K. Johnson gkj at gregorykjohnson.com
Fri Sep 16 00:00:39 EDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 09:23:35AM -0700, sfeil at io.com wrote:
> I'm writing a program in python to sort the mail in standard Unix
> email boxes. In my "prof of concept" example I am coping a letter to a
> second mailbox if the letter was send from a particular email
> address.
[...]
> Also, I was wondering is there were a way to use Python to delete items
> from a mailbox.

As part of Google's Summer of Code program, I wrote a replacement for
the mailbox module that would be well suited for this. It might be
included in the Python 2.5 distribution. Until then, you could get the
module from Python CVS, under nondist/sandbox/mailbox.

More info is on the project Web site: http://gkj.freeshell.org/soc/

--
Gregory K. Johnson