PEP 350: Codetags

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Sep 30 13:27:57 EDT 2005

[Tom Anderson]

> ISO 8601 suggests writing date-and-times like 2005-09-26T12:34:56 -
> using a T as the separator between date and time. I don't really like
> the look of it, but it is a standard, so i'd suggest using it.

ISO 8601 suggests a few alternate writings, and the ``T`` you mention is
for only one of them, meant for those cases where embedded spaces are
not acceptable.  Other ISO 8601 writings accept embedded spaces, and
this is how ISO 8601 is generally used by people, so far that I can see.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca