Windows Python 2.4: Unbuffered flag causes SyntaxError on interactive sessions?

Lonnie Princehouse finite.automaton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:26:51 EDT 2005

>From the cmd shell on both Windows 2k and XP, I'm getting this weird
syntax error in conjunction with the unbuffered flag.  It works fine
without -u.  Has anyone else encountered it?  This didn't happen with
Python 2.2...

C:\>python -u
Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32
>>> print 'hello'
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    print 'hello'
                 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

(sorry if this is a known/fixed bug... I couldn't find anything about
it)