Will python never intend to support private, protected and public?

Michael Ekstrand mekstran at iastate.edu
Thu Sep 29 10:34:40 EDT 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 03:57, Paul Rubin wrote:
> I can't think of a single time that I've ever seen a legitimate use
> of name mangling to reach from one class into another in a Python
> application (I don't count something like a debugger).  If you're got
> some concrete examples I wouldn't mind looking.

I've done it in one project, my YaPIE library
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/yapie). But it's kinda ugly, and
probably not the right way to do things, and I don't even use the
library myself anymore (it grew out of frustration with some XML
parsing issues, before I did a little Java and learned to use SAX).

-Michael