Python game coding

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Sep 19 11:59:07 EDT 2005

TPJ wrote:
> OT:
>

>>BTW: I wonder if and when someone will use stackless python (...)
>

> And what is this stackless python? I have visited it's homepage, but I
> wasn't able to find any answer. (Well, I have found out, that stackles
> python is python's implementation that doesn't use C stack, but it
> tells me nothing...)
>
> Is this stackless python faster or slower than CPython? Does anybody
> know something?

The important thing is that the explicit modelling of the call-stack
allows for running interpreters to be pickled - and thus stopped,
persisted, reloaded and restarted. That is especially useful in comlex
AI-code or e.g. workflow environments. The big difference is that you
can _code_ as if you were always running and totally neglect the
persistence and reentering issues.

Diez